Sunday, October 12

A Blustery Day, Indeed

Since it has been quite a few days since my last post, I thought I'd update. But I won't go into detail about today, since it was your typical lazy Sunday. A little laundry, a little vacuum, et cetera and whatnot. However, I will tell you about my Wednesday.

The weather on Wednesday was beautiful. The temperature was just a touch past brisk, the right weather for a light sweater and jacket. And joy of all joys, the college miracle occurred. My physics class, the class that, while I love the professor and my classmates, cuts me off at the knees academically, was canceled. And so, I suddenly had a full three and a half hours before my film class began at 2:30. Life was beautiful.

I have to say that Virginia does fall very well. While the season is still early, the leaves are turning the crisp oranges, buttery yellows, and burnt reds that tantalize Americans with the promise of turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce-y Thanksgivings. These colors were falling to the ground in maple-leaf shapes amongst the gray stone collegiate buildings with the red roofs and iron stair rails. The carefully placed brick walk-way meandered down the quad, ending in a circular resting area with a statue of our college's namesake. I had thought to buy a deliciously good mug of Mayan Hot Chocolate from the campus coffee shop, and sipped it while I sat on the benches. I am totally unashamed to admit that I did my best to look intellectual and dignified. I probably failed miserably, but a little people-watching is good for the soul.

No comments: