Sunday, October 26

Busy-ness as usual

. . . well, I thought it was clever.

I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now, but I seem to be having one of those moments. The paper is just not coming to me. I have an outline and everything, but the introductory paragraph refuses to write out. So, I'm posting on my blog instead! This week is going to intense, to say the least. This paper is due on Monday, I have a health test of Tuesday, I'm declaring my minor this week, AND this coming weekend is Halloween AND my college's homecoming!!

My friends and I take Halloween (and Homecoming) very seriously.

This year, my college is playing my parents alma mater. So, they and a few of their friends from college are coming down to tailgate with us and watch the game. I'm so excited for them to come. My parents have come to visit for dinner before, but they've never really visited longer than to move me in and out of wherever I'm living. They'll be meeting a few of my friends that they've never met and my friends will be meeting my parents and my mom's best friend, who is essentially my aunt. After they leave on saturday (and my college thoroughly pummels their college) my roommates and I will be hosting our first party!

It's a costume party, in honor of Halloween, and will be relatively small, in comparison to most parties at our school. Invitees and their friends only. We're making orange-colored jungle juice (is jungle juice only an American thing?) with ping-pong balls like eyeballs floating in it! Hopefully, everything will go well.

I can't believe the semester is almost over and that we're less than a week away from November! There's only 6 weeks of school left, including exam week and Thanksgiving break. And then it's only a few weeks more and I'll be jetting off to England! I filled out my visa last week and have to go to the biometric center to be fingerprinted at the end of November. All my appointments have been made, so that I'm in the pink of health when I leave the states. I can't wait to start my study abroad. Maybe its just wishful thinking, but I feel like everything's going to change.

Speaking of change, I posted my absentee ballot the other day. I'm so excited that this is my first election. It's a crazy time to live in America right now. And, again, in honor of Halloween, here is a clip from my favorite group of kiddies, the Peanut Gang.





No comments: