Saturday, September 20

"Ambition should be made of sterner stuff"

This quote from dear old William Shakespeare seems to be pretty relevant to my life right now. I don't know if it's my study abroad coming up or just my returning instincts kicking into high gear, but I seem to be racking up goals here. I've become an English major, as well as a History major. This isn't too terribly crazy. Thanks to the extra credits I'll be getting while at Oxford, my history degree will be completed a year early. I'll still have to complete the majority of a major in a year, but with some tweaking, that shouldn't be really difficult. Then, as I was waiting for my philosophy class to begin, I noticed the cross-disciplinary minors board. I should have known better, but I picked up the "Medieval and Renaissance Studies minor" pamphlet. It turns out that I only need one more class than I was originally going to do to pick up that minor. So, why not?!

I feel like I'm constantly running around, constantly organizing things, sending e-mails, reading e-mails, filling out forms, the whole lot of it. But, on the flip side, I'm also going horse-back riding with friends, watching the Tudors on DVD (sidenote: WHY is British television so much better than American? Other than Bones and Gossip Girl, all I watch is British TV shows. Dr. Who, the Tudors, Robin Hood, Secret Diary of a Call Girl . . .) Grabbing dinner and lunch with friends, going swimming, and all other sorts of things. I've never been happier in college than I am right now!

I will leave you with the music video for Fleet Foxes' "White Winter Hymnal". The claymation reminds me of Wallace and Gromit!





P.S Having trouble sleeping with 4 boys in next room, snoring in sync so loudly it's like they're in my room, instead!

1 comment:

Miss V. said...

Oh wow! You're going to Oxford to study English and History?? Amazing!!! I know someone going to Oxford to study History and Politics, and I'm applying for History at Cambridge 2009 :) Good luck!