Wednesday, June 8

Not-so-Impulsive Impulse buy

One of the best things about online shopping is the ability to put something in your cart and not buy it right away. You can check back in on it, look at the subtotal cost, and hem and haw and stew over it. For days. 

"Do I really need this?" I ask myself. More often than not the answer is no and I abandon my covetous thoughts for frivolous things like green snakeskin cowboy boots that I would never (honestly) wear, or that vintage dress that may or may not fit but either way is non-returnable.

But just every so often, I realize that I cannot live without it. Like yesterday, when the fabulous blog I am Greedy Girl posted about etsy seller ayo femi and her jewelry. For over a week I'd been looking at the bracelet in my etsy cart thinking "I really want these . . . ?"

But then, the picture of the EXACT bracelet that I wanted (color and all!) on this deservedly highly-trafficked blog rocketed me into action.

both images from ayofemijewelry on etsy

And I am now the proud owner of two (TWO!) of said bracelets. 



And as much as I need to save right now . . . to adapt orphan Annie "when you really want it, you really want it." 

No comments: