Thursday, February 24

Springing Forward

Ok, it's kind of a lame title, but I can't help myself. This is the part where I blather on again about how I'm trying to find my style as an adult, blah blah blah. Let's get to the good stuff. 



source: That Kind of Woman
 I feel like the last person to jump on the That Kind of Woman train (found via Alysia's awesome blog) but I'm fully aboard these days! Kat is wonderful, and her style posts frequently have elements that I love and try to implement every day: clean lines, nods to the past, slightly romantic, with a pop of color. Now if only I could find a vest like that.


 Then of course there is Madewell, Jcrew's little sister. Recently I haven't been LOVING everything they've been doing, but they're bringing me back to the dark side with their spring line. The shirt below is definitely a try-it-on-and-see for me, but I really hope it works out because I think it's so visually interesting!
Source: Madewell 

Now, I am not, instinctively, a shorts kinda girl. I think few women are, really. But I love these shorts from Jcrew. I love the color, and I really like the idea of bright colors on bottom, and these are great for girls like me who don't want to commit to pant-length bright color (for fear of the "my eyes!!" reaction).


I am a sucker for a good henley. Really really, I love them. Like, I could probably get it in this color AND the utility green color.


Source: Jcrew website

Now, I noticed as I constructed this post that both Madewell and Jcrew had items that I loved on the website yesterday (floral waterfall top and sequin stripe TEE, like above but with sleeves) that are not here today. I dunno if it's just me, but I whenever I see that I get seized with this like "omg, I have to get to the store NOW, it can't sell out!!" feeling. I think they know this about me, and thus do it on purpose. Blast you, Jcrew people, you know me well. Because I WILL be going shopping Saturday morning for precisely these items.

If you're interested in the clothes I want for hanging around/doing yoga in (I've been practicing for about a year, and just found a new studio in my area that I really enjoy), head on over to my other blog with my good friend, Move Over, Naked Chef

No comments: