Monday, February 14

Je t'aime plus de tous les poissons dans la mer.




Historically speaking, it is unknown precisely which Christian martyr named Valentine inspired the holiday. I (and most of the historical/romantic community) believe the inspiration to be a Valentine from the 3rd century, a priest and physician who fell in love with his jailer's daughter and wrote her a letter before he died, signed "from your Valentine." I'm not sure if it's true, but pretty myths and stories are part of what makes history pretty awesome, so there you go.



Valentine's Day playlist, 2011

The Pierces: We are Stars
Florence and the Machine: Cosmic Love
She & Him: I was Made for You
Ben E. King: Stand by Me
Mumm-Ra: She's got you High
David Bowie: Soul Love
The Decemberists: Rise to Me
Grace Potter: Something that I Want
Bruce Springsteen: Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Feist: Limit to your Love
Stars: I Died so I could Haunt You
Nouvelle Vague: Dance With Me
Aretha Franklin: The House that Jack Built
Fleetwood Mac: Temporary One
Bonnie Raitt: Thing Called Love
Cass McCombs: Dreams-Come-True-Girl
Rilo Kiley: Breakin' UP
The Avett Brothers: I and Love and You
The Seeds: Can't Seem to Make you Mine
Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash: Long-Legged Guitar-Pickin' Man
The Civil Wars: To Whom it May Concern


all images via pinterest

No comments: