Saturday, December 11

Today, my big sister and her fiance are getting married. I couldn't be happier, honestly. They are fantastic together, in every way. In honor of the occasion, I thought I'd post a picture of my parent's wedding, 30 years ago. My mom's dress was a gunne sax prom dress that she found on a rack hanging outside a regular shop, on sale for like, twelve dollars. My dad will moan and groan if/when he sees this, saying "I'm in a white tee shirt!!" (he was wearing a tux during the ceremony and reception. I've seen the pictures!). But I chose this one because to me, this is my parents as they exist in their everyday life. My dad makes lists and plans, and my mom sits around (just like that, actually) and laughs at him. Kindly, and with love, of course. 

So this post is essentially just a shout out to my two favorite couples in the whole wide world, one of which is just starting out together in life (legally) and the other, who are just as crazy about each other now as they were then, and are each other's best friends.

No comments: