Thursday, December 9

Notes on a Thursday-Holiday Edition

Notes on a Thursday has been pretty sparse recently . . . there hasn't been much to say about the new albums that I've enjoyed that hasn't already been said (Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and just getting into the Avett Brothers more, etc), and my concert attendance has dropped to  . . . none. But I have some concerts coming up in the new year that I'm pretty excited about, and hopefully will have alot to say about. Plus, the new Decemberists album and some other new albums are coming out soon, so it should be a nice fresh start! Anywho, here's my playlist for the holidays (predominantly Christmas, though some overall "winter-y" ones): I hope you like it!

Vince Guaraldi Trio: Christmas Time is Here
The Raveonettes: Christmas Song
Fleet Foxes: White Winter Hymnal
Priscilla Ahn: Silent Night
The Waitresses: Christmas Wrapping
Sufjan Stevens: Holy, Holy, Holy
Mumford & Sons: Winter Winds
The Weepies: All that I Want
Clyde McPhatter & the Drifters: White Christmas
Death Cab for Cutie: Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
The Pretenders: 2000 Miles
Rogue Wave: Christmas
Jimmy Eat World: Last Christmas
John Lennon: Happy Christmas (War is Over)
The Bird and the Bees: Carol of the Bells
Ben Folds: Lonely Christmas Eve
Sufjan Stevens: That was the Worst Christmas Ever
Brandi Carlile: The Heartache can Wait







 

EDIT: and also, Kanye West's new album is the bomb diggity. Damn it.
 

No comments: