Tuesday, August 23

Winter is coming . . .

Yesterday was so cool it was almost crisp, and this morning had a tinge of fall in the air. As much as I'm going to miss seeing the leaves change colors here in beautiful Virginia, I'm more than thrilled that England is already in the lower 70s/upper 60s (fahrenheit, of course). Most of my time recently is spent coveting the new fall items coming out from my favorite stores and thinking to myself "I need this for school . . . yesss . . . school." What precisely am I coveting, you ask?

Anthropologie

Anthropologie
 I wish they had a view of this blazer from the side, to show of the fantastic pleating. When I put on this jacket, it felt like a London jacket. I haven't worn it out yet, but it feels like one of those effortless pieces that you throw on and feel more pulled together. And as a low-maintenance kind of woman I can always use a whole lot of that.

The trousers are one of those rare "It's a good thing I'm so short" moments. On me, these trousers brush the ground in flats and will be a little less cropped in heels. But they are so comfortable, the pleat is sewn in (no ironing, yay!!!) and they make my posterior look quite bodacious. And at $118, they're a steal no matter where they're from.

I have some old long sleeve shirts that would do fine, but I'd love to swap them out for some cozy (yet flattering) sweaters. I love this pale blue option from Jcrew, simple but with a nice simple detail at the shoulders.



But if I had to choose, I'd get this grey quilted sweatshirt (also JCrew, both photos from the website). It looks so comfortable, and I adore it.


I've recently discovered (thanks, sibling) a great blog called The Other Emily.

She's a very stylish lady who's traveled the world with just one suitcase. And did this awesome sock bun tutorial (except my hair is so blasted long I don't need the sock).

Also, I bought my first pair of TOMS and I have to say, they are the most comfortable damn things I have ever put on my foot. foots. My only recommendation (also from my sister) is to order them at LEAST a half-size smaller than you usually would, because these suckers stretch like crazy. 


On tap for the rest of my time here:


-a playlist or two
-maybe another style icon post
-a few photos of the last few shenanigans I get up to state-side
-books books books
-whatever strikes my fancy

No comments: