Friday, April 1

Things Every London Girl Has (that I need)

-A cute/functional scarf
Source: Dear June on etsy
           -the weather changes at the drop of a hat, and what might be a pleasant day pre-rain, might just be chilly and damp post-rain (like today). A cute cotton scarf like this one from etsy is functional, but can be rolled up and thrown in your bag when you don't need it.


-an umbrella
source: Raindrops

           - I know many would argue for a functional black umbrella, but I like a witty little something to my looks, so I really want this one.

-cute, sturdy shoes that aren't sneakers.
 
          - I've seen some chucks around, but I'm pretty sure that well-made leather shoes are the only thing that stand a chance against all the walking I'll be doing. I'm loving these heels, and need to find flats.

source: Seychelles

 I'm having a fantastic time in London, though I don't have any pictures to prove it because I feel like such a damn tourist** with my dinky little point and shoot digital (it's a wonderful point and shoot, and in fact it's very compact and useful because I can throw it in my purse and just go . . . but I feel silly)


** NOT that there's anything wrong with being a damn tourist or taking pictures anywhere with any camera that you have. I wish I COULD take more pictures no matter where I am. I just feel very silly and self-conscious because I don't know what I'm doing. Hopefully I'll get over this. I'm determined to take more pictures in Oxford (I'm heading off for Oxford in just about an hour!)

No comments: