Friday, September 17

Notes on a Thursday

This week has been relatively hectic, but I wanted to mention that a) I went to a Jackson Browne concert last Sunday, and it was quite quite good. He played my favorite song, "Late for the Sky," which made me ecstatic to the point where tears welled up in my eyes (which I thought was a rather odd reaction). He also played one of my mom's favorite songs, "Fountain of Sorrow," which he apparently doesn't play very often. Jackson Browne's music came into my life when I really needed it, at the risk of sounding sappy. I'm not sure if I'd be at the same point in my life, right now, had it not been for his music. "Doctor My Eyes," "These Days" and "Our Lady of the Well" were kind of what opened the doors to 70s music and the more "country" sound and everything that I love right now.

And I certainly wouldn't be getting into Bonnie Raitt's old stuff, like I have been today.

photo by Gary Smaby, found here

 Her old stuff just has this incredible blues sound . . . and she's so funny! There's a really wry sense of humor in her music, and it's just so fantastic! Beyond this, she has an incredible blues voice, up there with Janis Joplin and Dusty Springfield. So amazing.



source: here

No comments: