Thursday, August 26

Style Icon: Alison Mosshart

source: we heart it


I'm certainly not the first person to gush over Alison Mosshart's personal style. Off the top of my head, Tomboy Style has recently featured her. She has this slightly androgynous style, almost like an early 60s Mick Jagger, yet still looks very feminine. And what I absolutely love is that her style absolutely suits who she is, and shows exactly who she is. It's slightly torn, very vintage (but not from a super obvious decade) , grunge-y, yet somewhat streamlined . . . nothing really overwhelms her body.  And she's practical which is such a breath of fresh air! She wears boots on stage--heeled boots, but solidly built. And you see things more than once, the rarity among rarities for most people in the public eye. She very clearly lives in her clothes, can throw things into a suitcase and hit the road, or just curl up at home for days and days.

all sources: tumblr



It’s been said time and time again, but what does she really think of being called a Fashion Icon? “I think it’s interesting considering how kind of unfashionable I probably am,” she says. “But I think it’s kind of cool and sort of ironic. I do wear the same stuff over and over again and I don’t really go out of my way to buy expensive clothes or know what’s happening. It’s not a terrible message to send to people. Style for me always comes from people who are doing things that have nothing to do with the fashion world, they’re usually artists or painters or musicians or writers. It all depends on what people are doing. I don’t flip out over someone just walking down the street or in a magazine doing nothing, it’s gotta be in the context of their life. What they’re wearing tells a story about what they’re doing, I like people wearing their art.”      -UO Style Icon: Alison Mosshart interview from September 2009



No comments: