Saturday, March 13

Fashion Icon: Stevie Nicks

So, I've mentioned Stevie Nicks alot lately, because 70s rock is essentially what I'm basing my style on for right now. So it only follows that I actually write up a legitimate post about her, no?


Stevie Nicks was born in Arizona in the late 1940s. On her sixteenth birthday, she received a Goya guitar and began writing songs and singing in bands around the suburbs of Los Angeles. In her senior year of high school she met Lindsey Buckingham-joining in on the harmony for "California Dreamin'". A few years later, he recruited her for the band, Fritz, which enjoyed minor success as an opening act for Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. Later, they moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in music.

Eventually, Buckingham's playing was heard by Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac. Originally, Mick only asked for Buckingham, but had Stevie join the band when Buckingham insisted they were a package deal. In 1975, they released the album Fleetwood Mac, which has some of their best songs, Stevie's "Rhiannon" and "Landslide." Obviously, Fleetwood Mac became incredibly famous and the sex, drugs, and rock n' roll that followed is well documented. by 1978 Stevie Nicks had started her solo career, which continues to this day, along with reunions with Fleetwood Mac (minus Christine McVie--and if you haven't checked out her song "Songbird" do it. now.)


Stevie Nicks based her now iconic style on Vaudeville, Gibson girls, and old stories, photos, and films (not unlike the Olsen twins?). She's worked with designer Margi Kent since the 1970s, creating the image of billowing chiffon skirts, top hats, shawls, lace, and incredible suede platform boots. That I covet. Oh, do I covet. She was also inspired by her days touring with Joplin, in terms of fashion and performance, as well as Grace Slick.





Anyway, I think she's pretty rad.






















biography: wikipedia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is a reason why I bought a Mac; it was not to be one of the cool kids that wanted the best of the best. No it was because of the music production I do on it. Hours and hours sitting in front of my Mac copying, pasting, moving, deleting, hour after hour just beating on my Mac in a endless assault to get my work done. That is the key part, my work. I work from home, it is great, but even if it is from home it is still work and it still needs to get done. So my Mac, I have it because it is fast, gets the job done and comes back for more.

But what happens when it doesn't want to do those things anymore?

I move around massive amounts of information and yes even on the almighty Mac this can cause a problem after a while. Things fragment, programs get corrupted issues come up. My light speed Mac slows down to a crawl and all of the sudden I simply cannot get any work done. Because I work from home there is no IT guy to call and ask to come fix it. No instead I have to figure out what is wrong. I am lucky, I did, but not after trying everything under the sun first and wasting countless hours looking for one program that can do what I needed instead of ten programs. One program to lead them all….okay that was a lame Lord of the rings reference, but that program was/is Detox My Mac. A simple to use program that did not just fix my issues, it put my Mac on overdrive again. A few clicks and my Mac was clean and ready to rock and roll again.

Read more here:- http://detox-my-mac.com?vhbshygdf398432