Thursday, December 17

So. I never really discuss my growing affection for country music. Taylor Swift is adorable, and I'm going to see her when she comes to town. I love the Dixie Chicks post-pissing off Bush music, and I've blogged about my love of southern 70s rock music. But it all kind of started with Brandi Carlile, and her first album. The first single 'The Story,' was not my cup of tea, at first. But the more I listened to it, the more I began to appreciate the passion and honesty in her voice. As my tastes spread to a more folk sound, I discovered that that honesty is predominant in the best folk music, from Bob Dylan to the Weepies. And that's what makes it worth listening to. It's not a gimmick, or a ploy. It's the way people feel, stripped of any sort of pretense. I wish I had the courage to express myself like that.




other songs: jolene by the weepies, it takes a lot to laugh, it takes a train to cry by bob dylan

No comments: