Thursday, December 25

Not a creature was stirring.

It's an hour into Christmas and my house is quiet, quiet, quiet. The presents are all wrapped in bright reds and greens and silvers with big pretty bows (except for my sister's, which is sitting in a naked box on my floor. must get on that)under our quite beautiful and majestic Christmas tree, wrapped in blink-y white lights and multicolored ornaments. We had a lovely dinner of shrimp linguine and watched White Christmas, an excellent old film with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney. It's disgustingly warm for Christmas this year--no chance of a white Christmas for us. I read these posts from the wonderful blog with all of the lovely snow and wished we had even a smidgen of that here. But alas, it's not to be. But I won't let that dampen my Christmas cheer! As Bing Crosby says:

"Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'."

No comments: