Tuesday, August 5

Pack Up and Get Gone

August is here; the last month of the summer. In a little more than two weeks I will be driving back to my collegiate town to move into my first apartment. Then my junior year will begin, with the ticking time-bomb moving ever closer to graduation and the real world. But! rewind all of that to right now, when I'm trying to piece together my life and worldly possessions. You forget how much "stuff" you have until you're trying to consolidate and figure out what needs to be brought and what doesn't. At first I thought that I would be moving in over a period of time, since I assumed (foolishly) that since I started paying rent on August 1st, that I could access my apartment at that time. But no, I can't move in until August 21st, which is only 4 days before school starts. So rather than a gradual move, I now have to make a mass exodus from my house. Not excited for that, but I am excited to get back to school and start my new endeavors.

In other news, I finished the final book in the Twilight series. It didn't end as I thought it would, but looking back on it, I don't know how else she could have ended it. That's probably the mark of a good writer, but all it does is leave me with mixed feelings.

I've decided that since I will have a car next semester and will not need to walk all over creation to get where I'm going, I will revive that old high school trend of mine: wear heels with everything!

In high school, I was the girl that wore heels all the time. It was rare indeed to see me in a pair of flats. Not that I wear flats now, per se. I wear chucks. Constantly. Maybe a pair of flip flops if the weather is warm. But I have acquired some new additions to my collections that will revive my love of pretty heels.

I love love love these shoes. They're surprisingly easy to walk in, and add a glorious 4 inches to my 5'2''. The red is much deeper in person, and I can't wait to pair these with blues, greys, and all sorts of other colors. I'm also pleased that I managed to obtain a pair of black t-strap mary janes. I never feel quite right without my t-strap mary janes.
I'm also really excited about this hat I got from Urban Outfitters. However, I'm entirely unsure as to how to wear it (meaning what outfit to put it with, not what to do with it. It goes on my head.) If anyone besides myself reads this, advice is desperately wanted/needed.

Well, I think that's just about enough gushing about myself for now. I'm thinking about doing a make-up post in the near future. Maybe?

Song of the post: Pot Kettle Black by Tilly and the Wall

photo credits: alloy.com, urbanoutfitters.com, respectively.

No comments: