Thursday, August 21

It's just the bureaucrats . . .

Today I moved into my first grown-up apartment. Well, sort of grown-up; my first apartment at college. As excited as I am to be back starting school again, calling up my friends, and catching up on their summers, I know I'm going to miss my family as much if not more as I did when I was dropped off as a freshman. This summer just seemed really idyllic. I had an internship at a place I enjoyed working, I hung out and reconnected with several friends from high school. And, of course, I had an amazing time with my family. Last summer was filled with awkward tension (they disapproved of a guy I was dating at the time. Looking back, I disapprove, too). This summer was just a fantastic release of all of that, laughing and joking and getting along. So I'm going to miss that, of course, but this fall is just going to be and downward spiral into the pinnacle of my life thus-far.

This spring I'm studying abroad in England. And I know it's going to be ridiculously difficult and time-consuming, but I cannot cannot cannot wait. I've lusted after anything British for as long as I can remember, so . . . I'm pretty excited. Is it January yet?

2 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh, sounds like a fantastic summer. And a study abroad--how great! Don't study too hard in England.
I'm a HUGE fan of study abroad, I should be spending this fall abroad if my visa comes through in time! @_@

Historian said...

where are you going to study? or is that still a secret to your faithful readers? :) Hopefully everything will go well when I go over there. I'm really nervous! I hope you have a blast (and I hope your visa comes through!) Will you continue blogging if you go?