Thursday, January 7

In the New Year

It's hard to believe that it's 2010 already. Resolutions include but are not limited to: leaving college the same weight I entered it, creating more style posts (interesting posts in general, I've become so dull lately), reading more non-school-related books, cooking more frequently (perhaps a separate cooking blog, a la Julie Powell?)

Steps towards making my resolutions reality: registering for yoga classes (twice a week!), purchasing said non-school-related books, amassing a cook book (binder?), and working at j.crew all holiday. Moving on!

Things in 2010 that I'm looking forward to:

  • Laura Veirs' new album July Flame: Colin Meloy tweeted about the full length album's NPR stream. I'd heard her open for the Decemberists when I saw them in concert back in . . . October? September? Anyway, she was most excellent, in the dreamy yet complex manner of the music scene in the Pacific Northwest. The album drops January 12, 2010, and I can't wait to buy it off iTunes (all legal-like, because mama raised me right.)
    I recommend the title track, July Flame. You can download it for free from her record company, Raven Marching Band.
  • She & Him, Volume 2: Zooey Deschanel (see label: girl crush) and M.Ward will be releasing their new album on March 23, 2010. The track list looks fantastic, and I, like any self-respecting kid with a shred of indie cred, (rhyme unintentional, I assure you) am thoroughly in love with them.
  • The Runaways: Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett? Yes, please.

  • Getting a Blackberry (the violet one, I think. it's just too pretty for words)
  • Viewing the world like this:

No comments: