Saturday, August 29

"One can never be sure if it's good poetry or bad acid."

You know those songs that you hear randomly and you never manage to run across them again? And yet all the same they manage to define a series of events?

When I had just graduated high school, my parents took my sister and I on a trip to Paris. We lived in an apartment in the student district for a week or so. I remember lying on the couch, the open window allowing that specific Parisian wind to blow and billow my skirt out about my knees. I had discovered French MTV, and with it, a rather captivating (i.e. creepy) music video by a band called Indochine. Upon my return to America, I searched and searched for the song, with zero success.

Until today, just now! I finally found and purchased the song on iTunes, and have included the video here.


No comments: