Sunday, July 27

Counting the Days


Things I'm super excited about:

August 2: The Release of Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn-

My sister got me the first book, Twilight, for my birthday this year. After devouring it in a day, then buying the next two books and reading them in one day, I am officially a converted Twilighter. I'm a team Edward girl myself, for those who know the series, and can't wait to how the series culminates. For those who haven't read the books, they are quite good. Admittedly, they're light reading, but the characters are interesting and the romance isn't too terribly cliche. The premise actually makes sense, as long as you can allow for the existence of werewolves and vampires . . . And vampires vs. werewolves are the new pirates vs. ninjas, right?




August 19: Season 1 of Gossip Girl on DVD-

I am in love with the show Gossip Girl. The fashion, the stories, the actors and actresses; it's guilty pleasure television at its best. My favorite character, in both style and attitude, is Blair Waldorf. She may be a little bitchy at times, but at least she knows what she wants and how to get it. While I'm not condoning her behavior in real life, I think everyone loves the malevolent glamourpuss. While I'm at it, I might as well say that the second season premiere's on September 1st, and I cannot wait. With that said, here's a clip promoting the new season, with my favorite couple, Chuck and Blair. (video credit goes to blairandchuckonline)




Finally, I'm super excited to get the books I ordered from Barnes and Noble (a birthday gift from a friend). I ordered Neil Gaiman's Stardust and Nina Garcia's Little Black Book of Style. They should arrive any day now, and I can't wait!

All this good stuff aside, where is my issue of Nylon?! I think the people at the post office confiscate my magazines and read them.

No comments: